Bear's Hideout

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Life Goes By

January, 2015

This is the first time I have written anything for this blog, in many years. Since my last entries, many things have happened. I had stopped even keeping up with my online diary, or any kind of writing, because so many hard things had happened, in rapid succession. I have not felt like describing any of them. I even forgot about this blog, and I did not remember much that I had written here.

Much of what I wrote originally, (you will notice the earlier dates), I shared shortly after moving to Sheboygan. This was about the same time that I was going through a stressful divorce, from my first husband. I have now been in Sheboygan, nine long years. I do not care much for this town, for many reasons. However, I have settled here. It has for now, become home.

I have been in Sheboygan much longer than I ever planned, and I have been at Walgreen's, three times longer, than I ever thought I would. Nevertheless, my mom lives here, along with my only brother, Kurt. I also met my new husband here. So, I stay. However, I do miss Minneapolis, very much.

The church I was attending at the time I wrote my earlier works, on this site, (Immanuel Bible Church), I no longer attend, due to doctrinal differences. Several others members, all my close friends, oddly enough, also chose to leave Immanuel, near the same time as I did, for different reasons. 

Strangely enough, however, due to leadership breakdown at Immanuel recently, half of that church, (though not any of those I previously mentioned) now attend my new church, CornerStone Baptist. Many of my previous friends, from Immanuel, have now moved away from Sheboygan.

There have been countless changes at Walgreen's, too, in the past eight years, too, some for the better, some for the worse. But, at least right now, I get to work almost always, in the cosmetics department, and I get to work with Chris, who is a good friend, and a great co-worker. She is now in charge of our department.

 I rarely longer have the stress of the front register now, which is more than I could do these days. Many of the bosses and co-workers who were a constant thorns in my side, have also left. Our store staff now reminds me of the Island of Misfit Toys. We are like a dysfunctional family, but for the most part, we care about each other.

I have published four articles, since my last postings on this site, one to a Christian magazine, and three on the Internet. A good friend in MN, also put my novel, for young girls, called Skunk Girl, on E-book for format for me, and it is now available on Amazon.com. It can be easily downloaded, and read, for only 3.99. There is another book by this title, but mine is under Holly Howard.

In the past couple of years, many other things have happened. I had to put down my precious cat, Eclipse, who grew too sick, and in too much pain with arthritis, to keep going. The medication we had to give him to endure the pain, ruined his kidneys. But he was almost 14, and lived a long life. He grew to love the man man I later married, and Clippy loved him, too. If you ever had any contact with my cat, you know that took work, on both their parts.

I remarried, in 2009, to David L Snoeyenbos. We love each other deeply, but we struggle greatly these days with our health, our living situation, and our finances. I have struggled with a lot of inflammation, as well as new anxiety issues, in the past year, because my chronic pain issues have not been resolved, nor even been clearly diagnosed.

 In the meantime, Dave's health has gotten worse also, but he hopes some new medications he is now trying, will help him, with some of his suffering.

 I myself, have been in constant pain in about half of my body, for more than a year. I have been told to get counseling, by several doctors, because there was nothing they could do for me. The medical community in this town, especially at Aurora, is often, sadly lacking. It takes a long time for the so-called experts, to diagnose anything.

My brother Eric passed away, a year and a half ago, leaving his four girls fatherless, on his oldest daughter's birthday. She now has a newborn. My nieces live in Florida, now. They are growing up quickly, and we miss them. 

Both my parents have had serious health issues, within the past year or so, as well.

I am, finally, this week, being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. The tests have never matched up, but I have been suffering with it for a long time, with little help from doctors. I have lost thirty pounds, and some of my hair, this past year. I have endured a lot of abdominal pain, missed many days of work, suffered six partial bowel obstructions, and had a great many intestinal issues, since my gall bladder came out, in 2008. My medical bills are staggering.

 My new stomach doctor, Dr. Quaider, leaves a lot to be desired. I truly miss my much nicer, and kinder, gastroenteroligist, Dr. Sohki, who always blesses my family, and will even visit me in the hospital, on Christmas day. He is impossible to get in to see, however, when things are urgent. He has quite a following, as you might imagine.


My new intestinal doctor, Dr. Quaider, is quite rude, and cocky. Apparently, if you are not ten minutes early, you are considered four minutes late, and only get five minutes, to discuss your new diagnosis. He has started me on one new medication, and I will start another, more much expensive medication, soon. 

Dr. Quaider hopes to push my Crohn's into remission, with these prescriptions. It would be nice, to not be afraid to eat more than about fifteen things, that I am now eating, over and over, just to be safe. I do hope I can enjoy some other foods, again. How I miss peanut butter-flavored M and M's, and pizza!
 

 The current living situation Dave and I, currently endure, also leaves a lot to be desired. Things such as regular hot water, gutters, peace and quiet, a feeling of safety with our neighbors, and our furnace, as well as a relatively dry basement. We are determined to move, this spring.

I am just starting to come out of a long tunnel of frustration, and some despair, and I am trying to trust God more, with my life.

As previously mentioned, Dave and I have found a wonderful church, with a very patient, and caring pastor, and a very sweet wife. Without this church we would never have survived the past year or so, as well as we have. We are so thankful for them, and for this church as a whole. As well as everyone else, who faithfully prays for us; and also for the love, support, and kindness, of friends, and family.

I have a lot of great Walgreen stories to share, and I plan to make money on them, someday. This may, or may not, happen. My dreams may be only pipe dreams, a lot like Mr. Holland, and his opus, in a favorite movie of mine. I am told my husband looks like Richard Dreyfuss, in his later years, in this movie, since Dave has regrown his hair, and now wears glasses. It has become a joke, among us.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home